PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a smaller lake

Dhermo31
09-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi all,

I will be going up to Eagle River from the 19th to the 27th. Just wondering if anyone had any advice what type of pattern I should be looking for? The lake I will be fishing most of the time is around 300 acres, 26 feet at its deepest. It has three bays that are around 5-7 feet deep on average. Also, are the water temps staying steady or steadily dropping?

Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Bears 27 Packers 21

Dan H.

JOCKO
09-11-2009, 11:27 PM
------- whats the name of the lake ??? ---------

chuckski
09-12-2009, 06:42 AM
I'll be in the area from 21-29 and have no idea what to expect I keep adding lures to my "to take box everyday"
If you fished this lake in the past you probley know what colors work just add a good selection of different lure types and of course your confidence baits.And of course there's Eagle Sports in Eagle River to buy that next hot lure.(Of course no trip is complete without stoping at Rollie & Helens)Also there's a number of places to watch the weather before you go.

Northwind Mark
09-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Chuck has the answer. PLUS, if you click on message board then trip reports, Rob covers some basics in the St. Germain area and others cover Eagle River. They are good enough to post weekly reprts that help. Fibbers is a great place to stop for a burger/High Life and talk to one of the best. Good Luck.

Dhermo31
09-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks guys. Always wanted to try Fibber's and this year I am going to stop in.

I am staying on Pickerel Lake in Vilas. My cousin has a place there. Perfect for me. Smaller lake with decent fishing. The only other lake I have fished up there is Nokomis at nite last year with Gare. Wish I could do it again, but wife just lost her job. No extra cash for a guide.

Take care.

Dan H.

Jim L
09-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Fished your lake last night. We didn't see anything but the weeds were in good shape. Cabbage and coontail were still crisp. Water was pretty clear. Temp when we left after dark was 71. Sunny and warm again today with no wind makes for tough fishing.