PDA

View Full Version : Just seen the space staion...

Gare
09-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Just seen the space atation and space shuttle headin northeast right over the top of my place it was pretty cool. I have to thank the local t.v. station for the heads up, I had time to lock my GPS in a lead box so they couldnt steal all my fish spot cordinances!!!!
It was neat one was following the other though, never seen both go over before, they will be going over again later in the week as well. Gare

esoxcpr
09-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Here is a NASA web page where you can look up ISS and Space Shuttle sighting dates, times and locations in the sky:

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/

Hunter4
09-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Thank you

GruntLures
09-09-2009, 09:11 PM
I was outside about an hour ago and saw it too. Bright as the North star. Very cool to see something whizzing by at 17,000mph plus or minus 1mph....

pointerpride102
09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Co-ordinance?

"Rodgers minus Favre, Just Packers Glory Baby!! ;)"

Mike

MuskyHopeful
09-09-2009, 09:59 PM
>Co-ordinance?
>
>"Rodgers minus Favre, Just Packers Glory Baby!! ;)"
>
>Mike

What's that? Like male and female artillery shells sharing an ammo locker?

Kevin

pointerpride102
09-09-2009, 10:23 PM
>>Co-ordinance?
>>
>>"Rodgers minus Favre, Just Packers Glory Baby!! ;)"
>>
>>Mike
>
>What's that? Like male and female artillery shells sharing
>an ammo locker?
>
>Kevin

Actually I believe that would be ordnance. I was thinking more along the lines of some inter stellar law or perhaps Gare was going all religious on us and talking about inter religion ordinances. :+

"Rodgers minus Favre, Just Packers Glory Baby!! ;)"

Mike

chuckski
09-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Sounds pretty cool we used to camp in the desert and watch the sattleltes(sp?) go over head while setting by the fire.Also pretty cool when living in So. Cal the shuttle went over head on the way to Edwards Air force base in the desert and made quite the sonic boom.

Squad51
09-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Jedi does not hear Gare's words, but hears his thoughts...

Co-ordinates. Back to 9th grade and Y=mx+b and all that, ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz. Ordnance is what you launch at the enemy, ordinance is No Parking zone. Oww, brain hurt must fish now.

1morecast
09-10-2009, 05:35 PM
My neighbor talked to the shuttle when it was overhead many years ago. He is a HAM radio guy and I guess one of the astronauts was as well. He was on the Chicago news.

Gare
09-10-2009, 08:01 PM
So I was typing fast and mispeled anuthr werd oops!!!!!:o Anyway just watched them go over again tonight but not as neat as last nights, not as bright but still cool knowing that there are peeps up there tooling along at plus 17,000 mph. anyway just another great evening to be sitting on the pier and enjoying the evening..... peaceful.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

muskiemyke
09-10-2009, 08:40 PM
schedule called for 9:06pm, so i walked out at 9:05:30, and sure enough, a few seconds later it came truckin' over the tree tops. awesome sight.

wallygator
09-11-2009, 01:42 PM
With Gare
drinking that skullpopper and homebrew you never know who or what he can see.Maybe we should call Gare (Cartman) Had an anal probe and has a 75ft sattelite coming out of back side to talk with the aliens
hehehehehehe
Wally:+ :+ :+

Northwind Mark
09-11-2009, 06:01 PM
A really good family friend(s) Lee "Top Gun" Archambault of Bellville Illinois was piloting the last shuttle flight in March. We stayed out every night we could watching Lee fly that thing around, and saluted our pal as he flew over.. i think the neighbors though we had lost it.....again. His family and ours go way back......this guy is truly the best of the best.

http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/archambault.html
Very cool thing to watch, thanks Gare for bringing it up. And when you know the guy driving, it's pretty special. This guy was test piloting Stealth's before we knew what they were. Amazing.

Good luck to this crew, bring it home and park it.

NM

muskiemyke
11-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, Gare.
Thanks for the link, esoxcpr. Really interesting stuff there.

Can someone tell me how there can be multiple sightings within an hour or two? Does the Space Shuttle back up or something? :+

fer instance... (see below, dates/times for presque isle)