PDA

View Full Version : What should I take to Eagle Lake

jaydchad
09-06-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm going to Eagle Lake (AML) next week with 3 other guys. Since we will have limited space for lures, I'm looking for suggestions as to what would be the minimum I should take. Any help would be appreciated.

jonnysled
09-06-2009, 07:31 PM
call herbie and ask him ... asking here might just screw you up.

my guess is you can get away with bringing about 3 baits.

Zabo
09-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Call/e-mail Steve a couple of day's before you leave. Plus if you don't have it, I'm sure the bait shop in Vermilion Bay (I think it's called Bobbies) will have it. Also AML has some lure for sale at the lodge. I haven't been there in 2 years, but from what I remember, I would bring a DCG with orange blades and black skirt. This was the HOT color the last time I was there.

Mike

muskyhunter34
09-07-2009, 09:22 AM
Black/orange bulldawg
Perch Depthraider
Grandma or Jake
Double ten bucktail

Breal31
09-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Make sure you or someone in the boat is throwing a Black/Smoke Spanky bait at all times, (if I were you I would have YOU be that guy)

They are sold out in town and at AML ( for good reason) so call up the Spanky Baits guy and get a few in time.

I just got home, I boated 10 fish and 8 of them were on that bait. Things change by the day out there so who knows, but the Indian Summer weather seems to have a lot of fish moving but the real big girls are missing in action.

Troyz1
09-08-2009, 06:52 AM
Walleye/Natural Depth Raider, Grandma's
Walleye Bulldawgs, Walleye Bulldawg, Walleye Bulldawg, Black/Orange Dawg
Cowgirl's/Spanky Smoke/Black, Nick/Black, Orange/Smoke/Black, Chart/Chart, we had fish move on some pinks and reds,
Suick Bobbie,

In a week I can throw, dawgs, all week or tens and be completey confindent.

Troyz

coldfront
09-08-2009, 08:54 AM
"Since we will have limited space for lures"
How can that be? It is Sacrilege.
I would cut back on anything else but lures. I mean you don't need 100 baits but at least 30 or so.

hooper21
09-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Brian,
thats the spankey that paid off for me last year.

Hoop

release
09-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Last four years up there have been, like many other waters double 10 waters. Of course there is a twist. You have to hook them at the boat and then, especially the big ones, keep them on the hook. LOL Much easier if you hook them away from the boat but i have not seen a place where attention at the boat was so important. this year 5 of my 6 fish on bucktails hooked in the 8 or should i say the large oval, i never do a actual 8. If could only take two colors. They would be Black and Orange, the perennial favorite on Eagle for every type of lure and the Spanky Black and Smoke, very popular the last two or three years. of course the stupid fish could only eat pink the wee you are there so call Herbie and see what has been moving them. Good luck. If you are at AML you are in good hands.

Gary