PDA

View Full Version : Abu Garcia 7000C3i

Mad Celt
09-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Trying to get some feedback on this reel. Does anyone own one and if so what do you think about it. I've been looking at some moderately priced reels for double tens when I came upon this reel. It is gigantic but I have big hands so I don't think that palming it all day should be a problem for me. Any info would be appreciated.

brmusky
09-07-2009, 08:04 PM
I have 3 of them. I have used them almost exclusively for the past 3 years. I don't have any complaints about them at all.

JOCKO
09-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Mad Celt ------ have used my 7000iC3 last year and this year for DCG's ,,, couldnt complain until the level-wind system went out a few days ago ,,,, needs a new worm gear , pawl and pawl spring ,,,, my repairman said that the 7000s made in China have this problem ,,, he is going to get some Swedish HEAT TREATED replacement parts for it ??????? ------ Jocko:-(

wiggle_ur_worm
09-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Love it!! been using one for a couple years now and just beat the hell out of it! First one i bought broke pretty quickly but thorne took care of me... now i have had the same one for a year and a half and no problems...surprised for how much it gets used "all day" throwing super models with it a lot 2.

Mad Celt
09-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks for your comments guys. I picked one up yesterday and did some test casting in the local pond. I'm happy with the way it performed with 10's and 13's. I don't expect it to last forever but for the $125.00 that I paid for it I'm satisfied.

mikie
09-10-2009, 05:55 PM
I got one after seeing one in action up in Bemidji, best money I've spent on a reel. It moves your bucktail real nice. Took a whole spool of line to fill it, but it's much better on the big blades than the 7000HCN I was using. Isn't as good on the take up for big jerk baits, though. enjoy, m