PDA

View Full Version : Double Blades for young/elderly anglers

JOCKO
09-06-2009, 11:01 AM
I have experimented this past year with many different style blades for double-bladed in-line spinners (aka DCG style) that would be easy to retrieve for those anglers that do not have the strength or equipment to retrieve a #10/#12/#13 double-bladed bucktail. I was really targeting the very young and older anglers that could handle your basic AbuGarcia 6500C / musky rod combo ,, and they could cast it all day long. After much trial and tribulation,, it appears the biggest blades that are easy to retrieve are the #7 Colorado blades in the .040" thickness(made by Lakeland Inc.)on a #4 clevis. The heavier thickness blades start spinning very easily at the beginning of the retrieve. Also ,,, they do catch muskies !!! ------ make some up for your younger and older fishing buddies -------- good luck !!! ------- Jocko;)

jkahler
09-06-2009, 12:46 PM
The doulbe 8 Rabid Squirrel tail that Tanner Wildes makes is super easy to retrieve. I've caught a few fish on them as well.

lpmaure
09-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Did you test any bucktails with big willow leaf blades? I've made some for myself but haven't tried them out yet. I know they'll be easier to retrieve than the same size in Colorado style, but don't know yet if the different vibration will turn muskies on or off. I'll find out on my next fishing trip.

john skarie
09-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Double willows retrieve easily and catch fish!

Had some made up by Ruff tackle, love them.

I think that there is a Shumway bait with double French's now?

That should reel in very nice as well.

The smaller Mayhem baits also retrieve and cast easily, the baby girls put fish in the boat on Leech a couple of weeks ago.

JS

REDCHAMP
09-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Ducktail Lures will make any of their bucktails or musky things double on request. I've had a great summer throwing a dbl nickel/gold bladed musky thing. Tripled in one tournament for a nice check.

kyle k
09-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Don't forget about Indiana blades! Muskie Customs makes a double Indiana called a Double Indy that has #9 deep ribbed, very unique blades on them.

Also, Dadson Blade Baits makes a double #6 Indiana called a Lil' Darlin and a double #8 Indiana called a Boo Dadley. These baits are responsible for several fish over 40 lbs. including a huge 56" beast. You can see some of these fish here: http://www.bigwoodmuskylures.com/photos.shtm