PDA

View Full Version : The bears will be a distant 3rd.

homer
09-04-2009, 08:05 AM
8-8 wont even come close to sniffing the north this year. Cutler might be the 3rd best qb in the conference. I know that #12 in green and gold is clearly the cream of the crop. Even Im impressed spinnerboy. Im glad the whole Favre thing is behind us now. I will always appreciate what he did in Green Bay and I have no hard feelings or ill will toward him but I am a packer fan true and true. I think you will need 12 wins this year to win the north.

coldfront
09-04-2009, 09:29 AM
The Packers will be lucky to go 8-8
Bears 11-5
Vikings 10-6

homer
09-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Omg. What are you smoking?

coldfront
09-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Anyone who makes there regular season prediction based on how well there team did in preseason, is smoking something.

homer
09-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Not into that. Im basing it on how well their first team did against the other team's first team. Even a bear fan should be able to admit that their is no way that chicago offense is anywhere near as capable as the minnesota or green bay offense. And its not even close.

coldfront
09-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Thats what I love about this time of year everyone has high hopes for there favorite team. Let the season begin. The Bears were 9-7 last year one win away from the playoffs, this year they are a better team. So I base on that.

gdesario
09-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Look at it this way too, the Bears went 9-7 despite their QB position. They have improved greatly on that position. They have a lot of new faces on offense, so they may not gel right away, could take them some time. If they were to lose to GB & Pitt in weeks 1 and 2, I would not panick. I see them finding their chemistry midseason and getting in their groove from there. A lot will depend on how good or how awful the secondary plays.

muskellunged
09-04-2009, 11:45 AM
>Not into that. Im basing it on how well their first team
>did against the other team's first team. Even a bear fan
>should be able to admit that their is no way that chicago
>offense is anywhere near as capable as the minnesota or
>green bay offense. And its not even close.

I'll take my 2nd string TE over any starting TE in the division. I'll take my RB and QB combo over any combo in the division as well. Both Favre and AP are turnover machines. I'll also take Lance Briggs over any single defensive player in the division. Our special teams are superior to any team in the North. Bears fans are far and away the most spirited in the division. Just ask Rex.

Granted, it's just my opinion/s. Should be a real dogfight, though I'm more concerned with Minnesota because Green Bay isn't much better than the 6-10 team they were last year. Minnesota's Favera experiment should improve them, but that's real iffy. Dude is old, dude's skills are diminishing, and dude sucks in cold weather- if he is healthy for the Dec 28th game in Chicago and plays, I expect the Bears will be victorious.

Vikings play away 3 of their final 5 regular season games: Arizona, Carolina, and Chicago. And they finish the season at home verses Eli and the Giants. Bears finish 3 of 5 at home, and finish at the Lions.
The Packers play 3 of last four on the road against Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Arizona. Not to mention Detroit beats them on thanksgiving day. And hosting the Ravens on Monday night looks like a purple and black beatdown as well. I would be surprised if GB finishes with more than 5 wins. But we'll see. Long season, lot's can happen. The Favera GB soap opera will be a distraction allowing the Bears to dominate both GB and Vikings head to head.

homer
09-04-2009, 12:50 PM
One name you forgot was Finley. He is going to explode this year. If you really think the bears are that good you have been drinking too much lovie kool aid. There is no way they win more than 8 games and Im willing to bet a lure or two on overall records between Green Bay and Chicago. Put your money where your mouths are you Fine Illinois BeingS.

MuskyHopeful
09-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Bears D will look old.

Favre will look ancient.

Rogers will be razor sharp. The Pack D will sack and cause turnovers like not seen in Cheeseland for many a year. Thank you Dom Capers.

Kevin

homer
09-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Finally someone with a brain. The scarecrows were running rampant.

jonnysled
09-04-2009, 01:20 PM
sled's predictions:

- cutler and lovie conflict leads the news because he doesn't have the tools to do what he needs to do at the receiver positions ... and the bears live and die by the sword with forte and their defense fizzles with injuries and age.

- minnesota goes hot-and-cold throughout the year and makes the playoffs on a weak schedule with a wildcard entry

- green bay wins the north with balance and rodgers audibles at the line to win 3 close games that are critical for them to move to the next level ... 2/3 audibles are caught by jordy nelson

- lions suck and matt millen commentates with everyone shaking their heads wondering who he has pictures of

of course sled reserves the right to change his mind as the weeks progress

coldfront
09-04-2009, 01:33 PM
I'll take your bet homer, and btw I've been a WI resident for 23 years but still a Bears fan. pm me more bet details I'll give you my email.

homer
09-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Sounds good coldfront.

esoxcpr
09-04-2009, 02:48 PM
I'll take my 2nd string TE over any starting TE in the division - I'll do you one better.

The Packers 2nd String TE will finish the year with better numbers that any of the 4 opening day starting TE's in the division. Finley's numbers will be better than Olsen's or Shiancoe's. He will be the Packers starter by week 3 and be the second leading receiver on the team behind Jennings. Bank it.

husky_jerk
09-04-2009, 03:47 PM
I'll take my 2nd string TE over any starting TE in the
>division[/i] - I'll do you one better.
>
>The Packers 2nd String TE will finish the year with better
>numbers that any of the 4 opening day starting TE's in the
>division. Finley's numbers will be better than Olsen's or
>Shiancoe's. He will be the Packers starter by week 3 and be
>the second leading receiver on the team behind Jennings.
>Bank it.
Care to back that up with a little some some CPR? I am going to take so much scratch from you Kool Aide drinking Packers fans that I may be able to enjoy my fall despite the Bears average record.

Cutler and Olson hang off the field. He is one of the few Bears that can get open and catch the ball. I like my chances.

The Packers are good, no doubt. Just like any team they are one injury away from being bad. That 3-4 defense of yours is going to crack late in the year. The defense will be the downfall of the GB Packers in the playoffs. 10-6

I believe this is the year Favre gets hurt. The game is too fast for him on turf and it is not a forgiving surface. I don't wish him to get hurt, just my prediction. The Vikings will be better after he gets hurt than while he's playing. 9-7

The Bears will beat the bad and lose to the good. They will split with Green Bay and get swept by the Vikings, thus costing them the playoffs. 9-7

The Lions will win 2 games. One of the wins will be at home against the Packers. This will clinch my bet with Repete.

;-)

Northwind Mark
09-04-2009, 04:47 PM
What????

Football starts soon??????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnVKkJFYkhg

Let the games begin. This is gonna be great.

chuckski
09-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Only watched the first half of Cardnail game and saw parts of Viking/Chiefs Viking/Texens and was at the Bronco/Bear game.
I think on a whole the division is stonger this year with two teams from the division making the playoffs Packers and either Bears or Vikings making the grade.