PDA

View Full Version : Cash for Brett (One last time)

TJB
09-04-2009, 06:29 AM
Wow! very cool rainbow photo!

Yeah, it was time to trade in that old beater of a QB. He just sucked too much gas.

Go Pack!

jonnysled
09-04-2009, 07:07 AM
this from someone that considers Brian Brohm a talent ...

homer
09-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Brian Brohm a talent? Man I hope Rodgers doesnt get hurt. This could be a special season or one that goes down the tubes in a hurry. Awesome Rainbow.

TJB
09-04-2009, 08:02 AM
>this from someone that considers Brian Brohm a talent ...

Sled, somehow I knew you'd chime in.

Man it would be nice to see what we do have at backup QB, but alas your pin-up guy Flynn can only hold for kicks. I wouldn't paste up that poster of Flynn next to your Brent poster wearing banana hammocks just yet.

Brohm has talent, but does need some more development, I can't argue that. He was pretty accurate with the slants last nite, moved the ball, took some good hits and shook them off, and threw the ball away when necessary.

I do think he is scared to death of throwing the ball down the field, and that seems to be his abstacle. He needs to overcome that and make better decisions. Like I said in the other thread,"he's got potential".

Hopefully we won't need a backup this season. Can you agree with that?

jonnysled
09-04-2009, 08:11 AM
the ONLY reason Brian Brohm has a spot on the roster is because Flynn has covered the bet for a number two spot.

TJB
09-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Is that what coach McCarthy told you?

Jay SBMC
09-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Nice Rainbow picture, but really like the spot for Muskies. That is definitely a spot I'd hit. Did you catch anything there?

jonnysled
09-06-2009, 11:47 AM
TJB ... give us some wisdom on Brian Brohm

1morecast
09-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Jay,

That spot is a saddle between two islands, and yes we did catch a musky there this year. It was the first time we had tried it in 10 years up there. I

TJB
09-11-2009, 07:28 AM
Yeah sled, well... um... I guess he didn't make the team. I guess nobody sees the unbelievable, unfiltered, and unmistakable raw talent that he has. This will all come to light as he blossoms on the practice squad. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Sigh...

I still don't think Flynn is back-up caliber. If ,God forbid, Rodgers goes down. The Pack will need a real QB.

REPETESPINNERMAN
09-11-2009, 07:57 AM
>Yeah sled, well... um... I guess he didn't make the team. I
>guess nobody sees the unbelievable, unfiltered, and
>unmistakable raw talent that he has. This will all come to
>light as he blossoms on the practice squad. That's my story
>and I'm sticking to it. Sigh...
>
>I still don't think Flynn is back-up caliber. If ,God
>forbid, Rodgers goes down. The Pack will need a real QB.

The "debate" about Brohm's skills is one thing but...as far as teams having three talented and proven QBs...well...none do! It's not possible with the cap as well as how the system is set up for practice squad placement.

I have no clue (or strong opinion) if Brohm will or will not cut it in the NFL...but I like the fact that the Packers have a young and hopefully developing arm as their 3rd QB and not some washed up vet. Heck, some teams only roll with two qbs! Brohm is two injuries away from playing and if that happens, it's likely a guy like Garcia would be attainable before they'd start Brohm. The way I see it, most fans need to open their eyes when it comes to how teams "manage" their young talent. The Vikings and Raiders are perfect examples of how NOT to manage talent. The Packers and Patriots are perfect examples of teams SHOULD manage young players. No matter how hard it is to lose good players you just don't over pay for anyone. You also don't over pay in free agency.

This idea that there's an endless supply of affordable skilled and proven players at every position is waaaay off base.

-------------------
I'm not up to the challenge anymore. I can play, but I'm not up to the challenge. Believe me, I've questioned my decision. I believe it's the right decision. AND THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO OR SAY TO CHANGE THAT.

Brett Favre Retirement Press Conference #1 Transcript - March 6, 2008

We'll never forget you Brent.

1morecast
11-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Sorry, if this has already made the rounds, but this was too funny to pass up. As a Bears fan, there are two chances it will backfire on me this year.

As far as musky related stuff, I also included a picture from LOTW this year proving that you can find the end of the rainbow up there.