PDA

View Full Version : Can-am

50inchgrinch
09-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Not to add fuel to the fire but...

This is to inform some of the guys out guiding that were going to fish it and have limited communication but still check the internet.

Apparently it's been cancelled. I heard this through the grape-vine so it's not official.

Wanted to give you guys a heads up so you can make other plans.

Darcy Cox

musky_pud
09-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Really?..... Huh?

"pud"

Jolly Roger
09-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Figures. Why break tradition? Last post in the News section of the MAC website dates back to Aug. 18th. ???????

I'll just use that weekend to stain the deck then.

Class acts, these fellas.

Me and the Fish
09-03-2009, 10:04 PM
WAIT!!!! No way, more MAC lies and BS. It can not be because of low attendance at this event too because these quotes are from right off the MAC website, copied and pasted below.

Mark Lijewski:
Right on with the Can-AM! I am very excited about the tournament. The response has been outstanding and spots are filling fast.

Spots are extremly limited people I have spoken to and that Jason Sloan has spoken to have spots, but contact me asap to confirm and get entry forms and details.

Craig Stapon:
All things are moving forward well. We are really looking forward to the
event; the Canadian team is coming together very nicely.

You spooh BS all the time and you get nothing but crap back. Seems that the MAC and Worrall deserve the turnout they are getting at these events. I feel sorry for the anglers though that budgeted moneys and scheduled their vacation time for a MAC tourney. That sucks.

trophymuskie
09-04-2009, 04:57 AM
:7

Keep releasing them all
Richard Collin
www.trophymuskiecharters.com

8inchcrank
09-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Sigh...the internet sucks, I'm going fishing. I hope everyone catches a 50" today and has something to cheer about. It's amazing anyone even tries to build a website with thoughts of sharing information and love of the sport with all of the crap that blankets it. Instead of staining the deck or revelling in the collapse of something someone dreamed of, why not go musky fishing? That's why these boards are here. Sharing of VALUABLE information. Helping new anglers get better at the sport, learning a trick that may catch a different fish, showcasing a giant catch so we have something to dream of, not this. How many times on these sites have I voiced that if we kept the message positive and about growth, not dismantling, that people who we could benefit from would contribute. Sure, I've guided for 10 years, I've won a couple small tournaments, whatever, but I still come on here in hopes of learning, getting better and enjoying the sport more. Instead I read stuff like this day in and day out. I quit. This sport is about the fish and pursuing it, not who swings a bigger stick.

North of 8
09-04-2009, 07:35 AM
I am not a tournament fisherman, could care less about MAC and whether or not it succeeds but on this I am with Justin.

The venom displayed here is hard for me to understand. Many years ago I had a boss who said life is like a parade, there are people who lead and organize the parade, others who march in the parade and then a big group who sits on the curb and criticizes those leading and marching in the parade.

A group of people tried to start an alternative tournament trail, apparently failed. But they made the effort, they tried. If all you are doing is sitting on the curb taking shots, take a look at your selves. What do you contribute? My guess is that for a lot of folks, taking shots at others is about it.

Jolly Roger
09-04-2009, 07:51 AM
If it's not about who "swings the bigger stick", why are there tournaments??

Because it's all about the money first, and some hoping to extend their male member second. Helping/improving the resource is last, just after COMMON SENSE. Proven by what transpired this summer.

Humor helps make thing a little easier to swallow these days, if you don't get it..........sorry.

MuskyHopeful
09-04-2009, 08:16 AM
It's too bad this didn't take off. I'm sure there are quite a few relieved Canadians. I have to imagine most were not too enthused about the idea of chugging can after can of American Whoopass, especially on their home waters. And those out east French Canadians are probably particularly relieved, because, well, it was supposed to be a competition, and competition is scary.

Kevin