PDA

View Full Version : Plum Lake or Presque Isle Lake Vilas co ?

musky malingerer
09-03-2009, 01:25 PM
If you could fish either for a whole summer for muskies which lake is better and why? action size ect.

row troller
09-03-2009, 02:25 PM
If I could then only fish that lake I would choose Plum.

it offers alot of different types of fishing all in one lake plus there are some big ones in there.

Presque Isle sure has some monsters but being mostly a big single basin it would get boring for me...and I am a row troller!

If you added VV into the PI choice that might make it a better choice but just head to head I coulde very easily spend a whole season on plum and switch back and forth from fly tackle to row trolling at will.

Thom

musky malingerer
09-04-2009, 03:17 AM
I was kind of pulling for plum for that reason. Presque isle lake and my son wouldnt have to switch schools. The scenery is beautiful in both places and i have never row trolled.Which lake is better fishing.I mostly fish for muskies in summer and walleye or pike ice fishing prefer walleye but pike are tasty too.

FishHateMe
09-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Make sure your comfortable casting to the abyss and following the bait fish if you're headed to plum. Nary a weed to be found in that lake by me in a week fishing it (except the bay on the far west side) a couple years back. The rusties were by the THOUSANDS and the lake bottom seemed to be moving every morning at the dock!

Being a cisco lake, I'm sure there are some brutes in there, just a tough lake to fish IMO.

Good luck either way!

Jeff

chuckski
09-05-2009, 07:20 AM
Both lakes have given up big fish in the past,Plum a 56" June caught fish in the 90's it was kept a weighted it at 44 pounds if I remember right. And around 1985 or so Joe Bucher guided a fellow to a 49.5 44 pound "refriderator fish" also kept.