PDA

View Full Version : Favre's cheap shot

coldfront
09-01-2009, 12:06 PM
In case you didn't see Favre's cheapshot block here it is.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Brett-Favre-throws-a-dirty-block-at-Eugene-Wilso?urn=nfl,186324
What a POS tool he is, I suppose he feels it was ok because he is a legend in his own mind.

REPETESPINNERMAN
09-01-2009, 12:16 PM
What I find most comical is that, for years and years brent was throwing one interception after another for the Packers at THE WORST times he possibly could in games. Yet, never would you see him make a serious attempt at actually making the tackle of the guy that picked him off. In fact, he usually can be seen making a b-line away from the play. I remember one his last season in Green Bay that was sickening. Sure is brave when a guys back is turned though.

No shocker...brent favor has had happy chicken SHI# feet in the pocket for years now.

Want to see something really telling? Take a look at the SI tape of the Packers superbowl season and watch his footwork in the pocket back then. The guy wasn't always so afraid to get hit. You see him go down before even getting touched on the first sack last night? lol

-------------------
I'm not up to the challenge anymore. I can play, but I'm not up to the challenge. Believe me, I've questioned my decision. I believe it's the right decision. AND THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO OR SAY TO CHANGE THAT.

Brett Favre Retirement Press Conference #1 Transcript - March 6, 2008

We'll never forget you Brent.

junkman
09-01-2009, 12:19 PM
It would be interesting to know what's going on between those two guys. It was obviously not an accident...more likely the result of bad blood over a previous incident.

Fishforsale
09-01-2009, 12:34 PM
What a piece of crap he is.

Fishforsale
09-01-2009, 12:37 PM
He's gonna get his.

MuskyMidget
09-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Are you guys kidding me? He hit the guy in the thighs.

Looked like a good block to me.

rnovak
09-01-2009, 12:45 PM
it was a bad block, it was an illegal block, defender was lucky the block was so bad or he could have been seriously hurt. Farve fell at his legs and didn't drive through them or he could have done some serious injury. i don't think it was his intent to hurt the guy, just real poor technique and poor judgement from a guy who isn't called upon to block too often.

rnovak

Fishforsale
09-01-2009, 12:53 PM
He hit him below the waist.

Here's the rule:

An offensive player who lines up more than two yards outside his own tackle or a player who, at the snap, is in a backfield position and subsequently takes a position more than two yards outside a tackle may not clip an opponent anywhere nor may he contact an opponent below the waist if the blocker is moving toward the ball and if contact is made within an area five yards on either side of the line. (crackback)

Do you know why they made this rule? Because you are vulnerable to injury.

Favre made a split second decision and went low on a guy. He knows it's against the rules, it was either go low or get run over. He's a selfish ***** and was only looking out for himself, as usual. How anyone can watch that and think it's a legal hit, is either new to football or punch drunk on Farve juice.

Steve Heiting
09-01-2009, 01:06 PM
That was the kind of hit that, if it had been anybody but a quarterback making a lame attempt at throwing a block, could have ended the defender's career. Put a fullback in the same position and the defender goes out on a stretcher.

Favre should be fined by the league for it, just as anybody throwing that kind of "block" should be fined.

Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

jonnysled
09-01-2009, 01:06 PM
nobody said it was good, clean or otherwise A.J. ... it was a penalty, that's why they threw the yellow thing onto the field.

Ozbie
09-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Used to be legal, but they changed the rules...lots of new rules in the league these days...

Ozbie
09-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Used to be legal, but they changed the rules...lots of new rules in the league these days...

desertgrins esox
09-01-2009, 01:24 PM
I cant believe one of the Texans didnt cream him as he was walking away. If I was Wilson, Id be berating 10 defensive players in that locker room. If someone woulda done that to him, he'd gone after them.
I can tell you this, that crap wouldnt happened on the rink.

I used to check my wife that way until she learned to come up high w/ her elbows. Now I dont do it so much anymore. She's learning...

desertgrins esox
09-01-2009, 01:24 PM
I cant believe one of the Texans didnt cream him as he was walking away. If I was Wilson, Id be berating 10 defensive players in that locker room. If someone woulda done that to him, he'd gone after them.
I can tell you this, that crap wouldnt happened on the rink.

I used to check my wife that way until she learned to come up high w/ her elbows. Now I dont do it so much anymore. She's learning...

Fishforsale
09-01-2009, 01:27 PM
You mean, besides the post above mine that said this?

Are you guys kidding me? He hit the guy in the thighs.

Looked like a good block to me.

Besides him, nobody said it was good. Is that what you meant?

Not all penalties are created equal. He will be fined. He may have ended that guy's season.

A guy with 20+ years in the league probably wouldn't know not to go low on another player though. Right?

REPETESPINNERMAN
09-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Of course, there's also the irony that just a few plays earlier brent fell over a would be tackler and they called roughing the passer!!! DID YOU SEE THAT?!?!??! Had to have been the most lame roughing the passer I ever saw.

-------------------
I'm not up to the challenge anymore. I can play, but I'm not up to the challenge. Believe me, I've questioned my decision. I believe it's the right decision. AND THERE'S NOTHING THEY CAN DO OR SAY TO CHANGE THAT.

jonnysled
09-01-2009, 01:35 PM
favre has a lot to remember ... he was in the league before they sallied it down to what it's become, hell he was probably having a flashback to the old glory days.

or ... he found himself in a contact situation as a 40 year old quarterback and instinctively hit the deck without knowing the ramifications.

REPETESPINNERMAN
09-01-2009, 01:49 PM
>favre has a lot to remember ... he was in the league before
>they sallied it down to what it's become, hell he was
>probably having a flashback to the old glory days.
>
>or ... he found himself in a contact situation as a 40 year
>old quarterback and instinctively hit the deck without
>knowing the ramifications.

Good point...if the guy can't make a decision with 4 months to think about it, without changing his mind 30 times, how do we expect that same brain to make the correct split second decision?!

This is the same brain that makes him say things like this one day: "I could run this Viking offense in my sleep and there won't be any issues with me coming in late".

And makes him say things like THIS a few days later: "I need all the reps I can get with these guys. It's gonna be a continuing learning curve this year".

lol...ohhhhhhh...I tell ya...this just gets better and better.

-------------------

pointerpride102
09-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Why do you bail Favre out on EVERYTHING sled? Have you ever said a bad word about him?

Say it with me now: "That block was a cheap, dirty play." See it isn't that hard.

"Rodgers minus Favre, Just Packers Glory Baby!! ;)"

Mike

rnovak
09-01-2009, 02:01 PM
A J

You said....

Favre made a split second decision and went low on a guy. He knows it's against the rules, it was either go low or get run over. He's a selfish ***** and was only looking out for himself, as usual. How anyone can watch that and think it's a legal hit, is either new to football or punch drunk on Farve juice.

I don't think it was selfish......if he was selfish he wouldn't have attempted a block at all versus his very poor attempt at a crack back. he did attempt to toss his body in there, and a good thing the block was so bad he didn't seriously hurt the defender.

you look at a guy like Favre and when was the last time he had to try to block or tackle anyone, he sure doesn't practice it as was obvious by his lame attempt yesterday - i'll give him credit for at least trying and i'm thankful he didn't blow out the guys knee!

if the Vikes think they will be able to use him as a blocker they better rethink that in a hurry

rnovak

jonnysled
09-01-2009, 02:05 PM
i'm not as fixated on brett favre as it seems you are pointer ... saw a football game last night with a 40 year-old guy playing in an offensive scheme he's probably never been in after about a week and a half of practice. he made a decision to hit the ground when faced with contact ... it was a penalty and a flag was thrown.

after that i watched the next play ...

didn't think i needed to so gay as to make it into a crime against the sanctity of the game and turn it into an attack at his career or compare it to aaron rodgers and what he would have done ...

seriously though ... the favre situation is being made by the people who hate, are jealous, bitter whatever with him. those that like to watch the guy play are still just doing that simple thing ... watching a guy play in his 19th or 20th or whateverith season ... enjoying the good plays and grimacing with a chuckle at the bad ones thankfully for one more season that "might" be filled with a little more dramatics than it otherwise would have been.

REPETESPINNERMAN
09-01-2009, 02:12 PM
That's fine if that's what you want to believe sled. Some of us, or actually I think it's safe to say MOST people, tend to think the brent favor has MORE THAN SHOWN he's an egomaniac looking out for only himself. It's the fact that he's been fully exposed as a fraud that makes this such a compelling story. Possibly the biggest fraud in all of sports ever when you think about what his reputation used to be.

One can make an argument about his success on the field and the merits of him still playing. Have at that debate all you want. Regarding him as a person and the endless protecting of his legacy...sorry...he's damaged goods. PERIOD.

-------------------

pointerpride102
09-01-2009, 02:16 PM
"he made a decision to hit the ground when faced with contact ... it was a penalty and a flag was thrown.

after that i watched the next play ...

didn't think i needed to so gay as to make it into a crime against the sanctity of the game and turn it into an attack at his career or compare it to aaron rodgers and what he would have done ..."

So you just turned a blind eye to the cheap shot Sapp made on Clifton or whoever it was a couple years ago? A cheap shot is a cheap shot. Favre didn't just "hit the ground." He made a piss poor attempt at a crack back block by cutting the guy below the knees. Had he just "hit the ground" the defender would have simply been tripped up.

When did I compare it to Rodgers or say anything about it being a crime? He got flagged and rightfully so. He should also be fined but we'll see if that actually happens.

All I asked was if you ever have anything but praise for Favre? Which you didn't answer but I can read between the lines and infer that in your mind saying anything bad against Favre is a crime against humanity.

"Rodgers minus Favre, Just Packers Glory Baby!! ;)"

Mike

jonnysled
09-01-2009, 02:18 PM
we hear more about brent favor from you and your boy pointer than from anyone else ...

i'm confusedses

Ozbie
09-01-2009, 02:22 PM
>"he made a decision to hit the ground when faced with
>contact ... it was a penalty and a flag was thrown.
>
>after that i watched the next play ...
>
>didn't think i needed to so gay as to make it into a crime
>against the sanctity of the game and turn it into an attack
>at his career or compare it to aaron rodgers and what he
>would have done ..."
>
>So you just turned a blind eye to the cheap shot Sapp made
>on Clifton or whoever it was a couple years ago? A cheap
>shot is a cheap shot. Favre didn't just "hit the ground."
>He made a piss poor attempt at a crack back block by cutting
>the guy below the knees. Had he just "hit the ground" the
>defender would have simply been tripped up.
>
>When did I compare it to Rodgers or say anything about it
>being a crime? He got flagged and rightfully so. He should
>also be fined but we'll see if that actually happens.
>
>All I asked was if you ever have anything but praise for
>Favre? Which you didn't answer but I can read between the
>lines and infer that in your mind saying anything bad
>against Favre is a crime against humanity.
>
>
>"Rodgers minus Favre, Just Packers Glory Baby!! ;)"
>
>Mike

I think sled is probably a true packers fan that can really appreciate the glory Brett brought to Green Bay after years of tough times. Sure you can pick sides in all the political nonsense that took place when he left, but as a player for Green Bay, he led the team to the highest level that could be attained and played hard for a very long time. Most people can appreciate that, at least those that are real fans of their team....Oz

Fishforsale
09-01-2009, 02:22 PM
>A J
>
>You said....
>
>Favre made a split second decision and went low on a guy. He
>knows it's against the rules, it was either go low or get
>run over. He's a selfish ***** and was only looking out for
>himself, as usual. How anyone can watch that and think it's
>a legal hit, is either new to football or punch drunk on
>Farve juice.
>
>I don't think it was selfish......if he was selfish he
>wouldn't have attempted a block at all versus his very poor
>attempt at a crack back. he did attempt to toss his body in
>there, and a good thing the block was so bad he didn't
>seriously hurt the defender.
>
>you look at a guy like Favre and when was the last time he
>had to try to block or tackle anyone, he sure doesn't
>practice it as was obvious by his lame attempt yesterday -
>i'll give him credit for at least trying and i'm thankful he
>didn't blow out the guys knee!
>
>if the Vikes think they will be able to use him as a blocker
>they better rethink that in a hurry
>
>rnovak

I guess I've just had enough of him really. So he's under a little more scrutiny, at least from me. That was a dirty play, we can all agree.

At least most of us can.

Steve Heiting
09-01-2009, 02:25 PM
A final thought on this thread ... why did Coach Clueless even put him in the position, and why did he attempt to throw the block, if he has a broken rib?

Think about it. If you've ever broken a rib it's one of the most painful things you'll ever encounter. Every time you breathe, cough or sneeze it's a new venture in pain. Now add the dimension of throwing a football 70 mph or whatever he's supposed to be capable of, and I would think that, if he really has a broken rib, he's already in a lot of pain.

And then he throws a "block"?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com