PDA

View Full Version : Really good price on Magnum Tinsel

junkman
08-31-2009, 01:58 PM
I know I'm one who is pretty married to the original MM Cowgirls, but I was in Smokey's Musky Shop Saturday morning paying for my parking and saw that he has the Bucher Magnum Tinsel for $9.99 and that's just too tempting. I bought one and proceeded to toss it for about six hours and found it to perform very well. I'm not confident that the smallish front hook is big enough and they don't make it as easy to change out...but I did buy a few more on the way out and will switch those for the same 7-0 Mustads that the MM Cow Girls use. The #10 blades also are a touch thinner and have a different vibration...but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Anyway...ten bucks is pretty darn good for that lure.

jeffintoronto
08-31-2009, 06:11 PM
I find casting the Bucher Tinseltail much easier and more enjoyable than a DCG.

The Roberts ones had some 'assembly' issues (##### job on tying on the flashabou; they still worked though), which I have been assured are corrected on the new JoeBucherOutdoors ones. If you got Roberts ones, I highly suggest you take some (a lot of) head cement to the thread.

I've had no issues with the hooks.

pmv
08-31-2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the heads up Marty, I've been looking at a few of those, may have to pull the trigger at that price.

Totally off topic here, but would you mind sharing the water temp that day. I am looking at getting out there this coming weekend and am just curious where we are at.

Thanks,

PMV

Ryan1015
09-01-2009, 05:18 AM
Good deal! I'm heading up there this weekend so I'll have to pick a few of those up!

Thanks,

Ryan

junkman
09-01-2009, 06:17 AM
About the water temps....Saturday was pretty much 69-71 all over the lake and that was down from 80 degrees just ten days ago. With the additional cold weather we are having now, it's even lower and I might just toss a sucker out there this weekend.