PDA

View Full Version : The Fargo-Moorhead Chapter of Muskies Inc knows how to throw a Challunge party.

The dock is in
08-31-2009, 08:41 AM
So big and raucus that the floor of the main lodge collapsed!

About 60 boats fished the Muskies Inc. Leech Lake Challunge for two and a half days and registered 51 muskies in pretty windy conditions. But the big story was the party. FM had an evening event planned every night, and had a noon pig roast and evening fish fry on Friday. Everybody showed up for the pig roast and "boom" ( I hope the word is not trademarked by John Madden), the floor dropped 18 inches while everyone was eating. Cannot thank FM enough for creating a great Challunge.

I think biggest fish was 53 inches, with eight fish 48 or better.

Greg Ide
(3 kegs don't last 2 days?)

Sorgy
08-31-2009, 09:09 AM
I heard a report from a North Metro member heading home.
Quote" Not a drop of beer hit the floor and the guys - including the resort owner did not miss a beat. After riding the 3 footers for 2 1/2 days the 18 inch drop was nothing"
Luckily there were no injuries... Not every day you hear of something like this happening.

The Chaper Challunge hosted by the Fargo Moorhead chapter was again a success Good job guys. Sorry I missed it.

Steve :+

john skarie
08-31-2009, 05:43 PM
It was an image I'll never forget, watching all the center tables in the room drop, and then see these people just look at each other for a moment and keep right on eating and drinking like nothing happened.

Classic!!

It was a great time, lots of fish caught and a great party.

We also got a lot more scale and fin samples for the Leech Lake population study.

Thanks to all who attended!

JS
Fargo Moorhead, 02

chuckski
09-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Good bunch of guys and great fishermen too!

Mark Dobrenski
09-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Do you have a web site for the FM chapter? I've searched and couldn't find it. I grew up in DL but moved to Montana in 78 and still get back to the lakes area several times a year to visit my parents and to fly fish for musky.

Would love to come to one of your chapters meetings when I am back in the lakes country and learn what I can learn.

Thx
Mark D

Jolly Roger
09-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a very well run Tournament and a great cause. Like most Muskies Inc tourney's.....

AWH
09-04-2009, 11:06 PM
>Do you have a web site for the FM chapter?

Here you go! http://www.freewebs.com/fmmuskiesinc/

Aaron

FINADDICT
09-07-2009, 04:20 PM
Chapter #2 of Muskies Inc., the FARGO-MOORHEAD Chapter, bordering ND&MN is one of the finest examples of what we are as a community of Musky Anglers... especialy what connects todays Esox enthusiast with those of the past.

If the good folks reading these posts even knew a small part of what this group has done.... well just let me say that it is absolutely no surprise to me that the folks out of F/M continue to "Grow the Legend" ... my hat is off to you all...AGAIN!!

It is my hope to come back up and spend some time with you all again sometime soon. What an absolutely great group of outdoors enthusiasts!

Thanks again to you all,
Bob

Fishing is a living legacy ... lets work together in passing it on!
JOIN MUSKIES INC. .... THE FUTURE OF MUSKY FISHING DEPENDS ON YOU!

Jolly Roger
09-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Sounds like some fine folks over there.

Almost as good as those Fox River Valley guys, I bet.
Hard to beat that crew. That party last winter with Joe and his band was awfully good.

And what they do for the kids is outstanding........

keep up the fine work.

Muskiefool
09-08-2009, 05:28 PM
It was a great time guys especially the floor falling; I looked up and saw this 7 tine spear above my head and though "Oh that would be ironic" LOL if the fish Crooms and I had woulda stayed pinned we would been hosting it on the Zumbro River next year BYOC (Bring Your Own Canoe) LOL, JS you guys put on a great Tourney, The Muskies Say Thank You.

John Underhill
Muskie Tournament Fishermen, 2nd Place Chapter 54 }>

Muskiestosis
100% C&R
fish>EGO