PDA

View Full Version : transducer cord on Minn Kota

Labs
08-31-2009, 07:58 AM
Anyone have a good way for running the transducer cord on a non-Universal sonar model Minn Kota from puck to unit? Seems to be no "perfect" way to do this that I can think of. Any help is appreciated...

Labs

BLL_BIGFISH
08-31-2009, 08:13 AM
I've ruined two transducer cables in the last 5 years, so agree that it's an issue. (using original MinnKota PowerDrive)

I thought Gare had his rigged pretty well, noting I've used electrical tape and wire ties to minimize the possibility of damage, and also have the "tightening bracket" set to the rear so it doesn't snag the cable.

MadisonMskyMan
08-31-2009, 01:58 PM
I use zip ties on mine it comes loose once in a while I just make a small adjustment and I'm off and running.

muskie_addict
08-31-2009, 03:24 PM
I had a couple wraps of e-tape on the shaft just above the prop housing, and then again up top. I did notice that occasionally on the PowerDrive I had that you'd catch the cable in the housing when you were stowing/deploying and it would start to pinch or fray. So, I put some of the corrugated trailer light wire protector on it. That seemed to eliminate most of that. Still had to be careful of the pinch factor, but if you were mindful of it, it worked. Not ideal, but its also not a universal sonar, so.....

Labs
09-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. Kind of what I thought but you never know if someone came up with an ingenious idea...oh well

thanks again..

Labs

Nate__
09-01-2009, 07:36 AM
I have a way that works great but it would be to difficult to describe. Where are you located?