PDA

View Full Version : My Son Arriving at Home

JohnMD
08-29-2009, 07:49 AM
A short video of my son Arriving home from Afghanistan, It's been a long year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4vey-3kwBQ

Get A Big One: John

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'up to and including his life.

muskiemyke
08-29-2009, 08:07 AM
John-
Fantastic! Thank your son for all of us.
Mike

GruntLures
08-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Happy days for your family John! Nice to hear he got home safe. Tell him thanks!
James

desertgrins esox
08-29-2009, 08:16 AM
John-

Glad to see the Boy arrived home from the Stink. There will be a long adjustment period, trust me on this. If he needs to, he can call me if he has to vent. From Warrior to another Warrior, please tell him thanks for his service.

REPETESPINNERMAN
08-29-2009, 08:34 AM
>John-
>Fantastic! Thank your son for all of us.

Yes...finally something we ALL can agree on.
A sincere thanks to our bravest!

MuskyMaven
08-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Yes, please thank him for his service!

muskysucker1
08-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Great to see everthing went well Thank him for me and is he one of the guys we are taking out in sep

jonnysled
08-29-2009, 07:13 PM
thanks for sharing that John ... very, very cool especially in-light of the happenings over the past week. i cannot imagine the relief you're feeling having him home.

Hunts
08-29-2009, 09:11 PM
John, a great day indeed for your family to have your son home safe. Keep a close eye on him PTS and take him fishing often. His arrival and fall fishing are a great coincidence and time to rejoice with family, friends, and giving thanks. Bless your family and thank him from my family as one military family to another.

kyle k
08-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Not worried in the slightest if this sounds redundant because we cannot thank your son enough. Thanks to all of the men and women that put themselves in harms way in order to help preserve the quality and way of life that we all enjoy.

r1
08-29-2009, 09:55 PM
John,

Thank your son for me also. It is because of people like him, that we have the opportunity to live life the way we do. Good luck with his and your future. Hope you are able to spend quality time together while he is home.

Rich

sylvan11_T
08-31-2009, 05:10 AM
I know exactly how you feel when you see that young man for the first time in who knows how long after they have been deployed. Our son spent a year in Mosul, and another in Bagdad two and a half years ago. I did not sleep peacefully for years. Give him my best, and thank him for my wife and I. I know when our son came home it was hard to stop hugging him, but give him a hug and handshake for us. Thank-you

TheBurmek
08-31-2009, 07:37 AM
We take pictures of all the big fish we catch and share them with friends, what you have shared here with us is better than any 50 incher one could catch. Because of young men and women like your son we are able to go fishing and enjoy our freedoms here at home. Thank your son from my family and take him fishing. The Burmek

Steve Heiting
08-31-2009, 09:12 AM
Too cool, John. Thanks for sharing, and a big THANK YOU to your son.

Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Shep
08-31-2009, 10:21 AM
John,

Our prayers have been answerred, and your boy is home safe. Great news. Please give him extra hugs and thanks from all of us. His sacrifice, and yours, is greatly appreciated.

Northwind Mark
08-31-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi John. Nice video. Not ashamed to say that I had a lump in my throat at some point. We should all be so lucky to have a son like yours.........

(And a tip of the cap to the village of Algonquin for the reception. Nicely done)

Fishforsale
08-31-2009, 12:37 PM
Wow, I tell ya, if that doesn't get ya chocked up nothing will. Tell your son that I appreciate his service to this country more than words could ever express.

Mad Celt
09-02-2009, 02:24 PM
John, I'd like to send your son one of my custom red/white and blue double ten bucktails. Could you pm me an address that I could mail it to. Thanks

hooper21
09-07-2009, 07:50 AM
awesome.
thanks for sharing John.

Hoop