PDA

View Full Version : Latest MHM issue -- Topwater Bait ??????

JOCKO
08-03-2009, 02:41 PM
On page 19 of the latest issue of MHM ,,, there is an inset photo of a musky chompped onto a frog colored surface lure ,,, what is it ??? who makes it ??? ----------- thanks ---------- Jocko

J_Weeks
08-04-2009, 07:27 AM
JOCKO,

It's a "Boss Hawg" made by Hawgseekers Tackle (www.hawgseekers.com)and is one of my favorites when I have a fish located. It has a large profile and moves very slowly.

Jordan

JOCKO
08-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Jordan ----- Thanks ,, ?????? ,, I looked at the "Boss Hawg" and its only 6 inches long and has a metal flaptail ,,,,, the lure in the MHM picture has a rubber tail and appears to be longer ,, or ,, that musky is only 24"s long ,,,,, do they make a bigger version of the "Boss Hawg" thats not on the website ?????? ------- Jocko

AWH
08-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Jocko,

I believe they make two bigger sizes. I don't know the exact size of them off hand. But they'll make them with either the soft tail like the one pictured in the magazine or with a flap tail.

Aaron

David C
08-05-2009, 06:15 PM
I still have not received my new issue!

AWH
08-06-2009, 08:16 AM
I just checked my info on the Boss Hawgs. The Magnum like the one pictured is 8" and 4.4 oz. They also have a Super Magnum which is double jointed, 12" and 6.6 oz.

Aaron

J_Weeks
11-16-2009, 07:45 AM
AWH is right, it's the Mag Boss Hawg. I guess I didn't know they weren't on the website. Send me an email or PM and I can get the phone number for you, that way you can buy them directly from Joel. The new ones look like this-the one in the article was a prototype.

Jordan