Thread: Cave Run Lake

Question Cave Run Lake

I'm planning a trip to this Musky Mecca and need some idea of where to stay. Preferably a lodge with rentals or if need be just a place to lay our heads when were done with a hard day fishing. Also needs some techniques as to what works where and some good info on the lake. Thanks and tight lines to all.

http://www.kymuskie.com/lodging

Other than the tacky blue decor, I highly recommend this lodge. The owner seems to know a bit abt fishing the lake and can likely give you some pointers, as well. 5 - 10 minutes will get you from there to the Longbow marina. m

Longbow doesn't rent boats

Is there another lake in the south like Cave Run?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf0503 View Post
    Is there another lake in the south like Cave Run?
    Green River.

Mountain Muskie lodge has guides; otherwise, check out Scotts Creek marina and see if they do. Likely just pontoon boats. I'd go with a guide if you go.

Buckhorn Lake, KY, is just a bit farther south, it has some muskies. State dock marina is by the lodge, not sure what they offer. Chris Haley is a good guide for down there.

Farther south, Melton Hill and Norris lakes in TN, Fontana in NC. I think the Fontana dock rents boats and has guides, too - plus you get to drive The Dragon to get there! m

Scotts Creek and Cave run Marinas are the same and Scotts Creek Closes in September Cave Run marina Closes Oct 14th Which does work for my group of guys.