Thread: Abu Revo Toro S60 spool tension question

Abu Revo Toro S60 spool tension question

Hi guys, hoping you can help me out on this one. I ended picking up the S60 via the sale amazon was having either in the week. After receiving the reel and playing around with it at home, is it normal for when you tighten up the spool tension knob, it also becomes a little more difficult to reel in? I feel like when I tighten the knob, after then engaging the handle and reeling, there is more pressure on the handle and more resistance reeling in. When I loosen the tension knob, no resistance at all. This is just playing around with it on my couch, I havenít chucked any baits with it yet. Thanks all in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by ordmusky View Post
    Hi guys, hoping you can help me out on this one. I ended picking up the S60 via the sale amazon was having either in the week. After receiving the reel and playing around with it at home, is it normal for when you tighten up the spool tension knob, it also becomes a little more difficult to reel in? I feel like when I tighten the knob, after then engaging the handle and reeling, there is more pressure on the handle and more resistance reeling in. When I loosen the tension knob, no resistance at all. This is just playing around with it on my couch, I haven’t chucked any baits with it yet. Thanks all in advance!
    Yes, taking out all spool play produces friction. I normally take out all spool free play, but do not tighten further, resulting in longer casts, but requiring greater spool thumbing, or greater magnet engagement on reels with magnetic control in addition. With no magnets, normal starting point suggestion is to tighten slightly, so that your lure weight will cause minimal spool rotation with free spool engaged.
    Last edited by BLL_BIGFISH; 04-29-2018 at 12:25 PM.