Thread: 2018 Chicago musky show

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2018 Chicago musky show

Hello I have not been to that show since 2009 at the college. This Jan. show does not list any seminars so I`m assuming there are none. Thats why I went to past shows (round trip 600 miles). The 2017 deal in St. Charles was it as good as those old ones. Is the Chicagoland Fishing Travel & Outdoor Expo a better choice (seminars on Friday) ? PS I already have way more lures than I need. Thanks.

There are seminars at the St Charles show, I think they just haven't gotten around to posting them yet. I went to there last year, but we really didn't spend too much time there. I liked the old Harper show the best. I did go to the Schaumburg Chicagoland Fishing Travel & Outdoor Expo last year on Musky Day and spent the whole day taking in all the great seminars with Saric, Herbeck, Bucher and Martin, etc. It was as good as spending the day at the old Harper show. If you don't need to spend mega-bucks at all the lure booths at the musky show, I'd say go to Schaumburg!
    Last edited by KenK; 12-06-2017 at 06:21 PM.

There are some good musky seminars at St. Charles. However, I would definitely agree with Ken, that if your focus isn't buying custom-colored lures, friday at the Schaumburg show is a much better experience. There aren't as many musky vendors, but you'll see all the latest rods, reels and electronics from the major manufacturers.

Jim is being modest. The seminars (including his) at the Schaumburg show are awesome and worth the trip! I go to the St Charles show for the vendors and I go to the Schaumburg show for the seminars.

Brian
    dunnot. dut da dunnot...

Both Shows have plenty to offer up for Musky Fishermen looking to get their winter Musky fix on. Schaumburg has more Musky Gear than people realize, because it is so huge, but it is there. Friday (Musky Day) is the best day for Musky Anglers to attend. Stealth Tackle will be attending both. We will be at the Chicago Musky Expo at Phesant Run Jan 5-7 in our own booth, and for the Chicagoland Fishing and Outdoors Show in Schaumburg Jan 25-28 we will be working out of the Fish Tech booth, who will have a huge selection of Musky gear. Stop by at both shows and say hi!

The show promoter of both the Chicago and Milwaukee shows has gotten very greedy and cheap. He does not want to pay any speakers for seminars. So there is only a few small seminars and clinics. Not big seminars by top musky pros. like there used to be.
    Also the tank that used to be at Milwaukee show for customers to see lures was expensive so show promotor got rid of it. The Tank was always a big hit with consumers.
    So if you liked these things at the shows make sure you let Doug the show promoter know.

Quote Originally Posted by shocker View Post
    The show promoter of both the Chicago and Milwaukee shows has gotten very greedy and cheap. He does not want to pay any speakers for seminars. So there is only a few small seminars and clinics. Not big seminars by top musky pros. like there used to be.
    That's sad to know.

They never did pay much for the most part for a lot of speakers so that part has not changed much but it covered a nice range usually. As far as the tank goes the last year they had it the guy that comes with the tank had an alcohol issue and was not brought back after that(at least that is what I was told). I liked the tank also, especially when somebody fell in