Thread: Advice

Advice

Rod's,i need some advice. I'm looking to purchase a Legend Tournament St.Croix Musky Rod. Why would i want a 8ft rod? Does it have better action than the 7'3 or 7'6? I'm planning to pair with a Revo Toro? Btw i'm a rookie when it comes to musky fishing. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by wmvtaylor View Post
    Rod's,i need some advice. I'm looking to purchase a Legend Tournament St.Croix Musky Rod. Why would i want a 8ft rod? Does it have better action than the 7'3 or 7'6? I'm planning to pair with a Revo Toro? Btw i'm a rookie when it comes to musky fishing. Thank you
    Rods are like levers, so the longer they are the easier it is to do things. A longer rod will provide longer casts, easier lure manipulation, better hooksets, better absorption of shock as fish thrash at boatside (read keep the line tight so the fish stays hooked), and bigger and easier figure-8's. The latter reason is huge on some waters where you may catch 50% or more of your fish in the 8.

Rods are also designed to be technique-specific, much like different golf clubs are designed to do specific things. If you could say what types of lures you plan to cast with it, I could make rod recommendations for those baits. And if you're just looking for an "overall" rod, understand there is no such thing, but there are a couple that are close and I could point those out, too.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com