Thread: Muskie fishing in the Chicago area

Muskie fishing in the Chicago area

Hello everyone. My name is Angel and I am going to visit the Chicago area in the end of October of this year. I am from Florida and always wanted to fish up north, so I am looking towards to fishing in the State of Illinois. I am going to be in the Chicago area for 3 days and will have a car, so I am willing to make a drive for a decent chance at catching my first muskie or first northern pike. Any help that you guys can give me on locations to fish for muskies on shore close to Chicago and muskie fishing tactics will be appreciated. I will return the favor and take anyone that helps me fishing in the Miami area

you will have to rent a boat and try the fox chain of lakes, or fish from shore at busse woods forest preserve,witch is close to chicago,also strerling lake straight north on the edens expresway

Quote Originally Posted by jawjacker View Post
    you will have to rent a boat and try the fox chain of lakes, or fish from shore at busse woods forest preserve,witch is close to chicago,also strerling lake straight north on the edens expresway
    Thanks you posting these locations. I have read a lot of good reports of busse woods forest preserve.

Actually, I think you would have a better chance renting a boat at Busse as it is not that easy to fish from shore. Being so close to Chicago, Busse gets a lot of pressure and can be very tough fishing. In October, I personally I would head a little farther north and hit Pewaukee near Milwaukee in Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by KenK View Post
    Actually, I think you would have a better chance renting a boat at Busse as it is not that easy to fish from shore. Being so close to Chicago, Busse gets a lot of pressure and can be very tough fishing. In October, I personally I would head a little farther north and hit Pewaukee near Milwaukee in Wisconsin.
    Thank you, I will consider renting a boat in Busse lake. Pewaukee is further than what I would like to travel from Chicago, but will consider going there on another Musky trip.

Thanks everyone who offered me help, my fishing trip to Illinois was a great success. In 1.5 days I caught lots of fish, with the biggest 2 being a 43 inch Muskie and 19 inch Bass I caught from the shore. Caught the Muskie on my first day of fishing and the bass on the short trip on the second day. Will send PM's to those who offered me good advice.

-Travelingfisherman

Check your PM's @jawjacker. Let me know if you plan on fishing in South Florida soon.

-Travelingfisherman

Check your PM's @KentK. Let me know if you plan on fishing in South Florida soon.

-Travelingfisherman

I released every single fish I caught during my vacation in Illinois. You guys have very good fishing in your state.

-Travelingfisherman.
    Last edited by travelingfisherman; 10-31-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by travelingfisherman View Post
    Hello everyone. My name is Angel and I am going to visit the Map of pawleys Island area in the end of October of this year. I am from Florida and always wanted to fish up north, so I am looking towards to fishing in the State of Illinois. I am going to be in the Chicago area for 3 days and will have a car, so I am willing to make a drive for a decent chance at catching my first muskie or first northern pike. Any help that you guys can give me on locations to fish for muskies on shore close to Chicago and muskie fishing tactics will be appreciated. I will return the favor and take anyone that helps me fishing in the Miami area
    Hi
    I am planning to go for fishing in that area so ca you please suggest me the better place and please share the map.