Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Give us somthing good to read.

RE: Give us somthing good to read.

More and more theseses dayses, moderates gallery to penmanship that recoveryís road need not be winding, but a direct absenteeism of self-worth that is blamed for shots hit astray.

Why is itses those not openly periled have the best advice for those who are?

Since when does any moral standard of society implant the likes of youses to project onto the likes of meses?

How beses the commonwealth let lead by the wealth of commons, yet cry afoul when their more cherished figure is no more humanistic, no more minimalistic then the likes of themses?

So many questionses, so few exact answers, more so some questions are answers for other questions.

;)
    Smile, You're On Musky Hunter T.V...

http://66.133.129.5/~ddfenner/

Goonies never say die!

I will be soaking some suckers underneath a tipup this weekend and although my chances are not high, there's still a chance. I got a beautiful tiger a couple years back through the ice that went 37.5
    Who knows? Bonus musky, big pike, giant walleye...hippo? You don't know unless you try.

Fenner:

Some day I'd like to fish with you just to see if you are real!

Doug Johnson

Get Doug Stange from In-fisherman to come along Mr. Johnson, meses will beses there in spadeses...

;)

I think Stange only speaks english.

Doug Johnson

That's great Mr. Johnson. Meses speakses English tooses... It's my writing lisp that's meses problem, kind of like Stange and himses English language libertieses himses is so famous forses in the In-fisherman magazine.

Not so much under the current management, butses, boyses, did himses create a hard read under them Lindner's...

;)

Something to read?? Maybe a little holiday greeting: Why do we do it--cast after lonely cast from sun-up till after darkness falls? We fight the cold, the heat, loneliness, fatigue and what most folks might deem an unacceptable level of failure. Maybe, itís the calmness of the water lapping up the boat ramp as the early morning dew glistens on the gently blowing grass. Perhaps the call of a loon, or the way a tree branch bends, as if bowing, when an eagle comes to rest in his high places. Itís that and itís the preparation of newly wound line, oiled reels and razor honed terminal hardware. Itís studied maps and charts, comparisons of water temperature, well thought out presentations and endless scouting of new water. Its pages of priceless good advice worn thin by time and time again pouring over the pearls of wisdom the icons of this pursuit have shared. Perhaps, most of all, itís a membership of sorts in a very rare society of men and women who honor a mighty warrior, who hunt it without need to possess or harm it, all the while never seeming to do so without a spirit of reverence for something created to be very special. It is a fraternity of fellows who are like-minded in their love for this sport. We are the Musky Hunters, and to the rest of you out there, a most very Merry Christmas to you all and a Happy and Healthy New YearóMay you all find and Release your personal best! Marty Forman

Wow, very nicely said. It kind of had a calming effect on me at work. And not one word that ended in Ďesesí.

I know I do it somewhat for relaxing on the water, but mostly for the challenge. If they were easy to catch, it wouldnít interest me near as much. Thatís why Iím ď1morecastĒ. Iím the guy that never wants to quit because I know all it takes is one cast to change a bad day, a bad week or even a bad season of musky fishing!

Happy Holidays!

P.S. DougJ, I would be happy and honored to fish with you without Mr. Stange!

I took a week off to musky fish mid-november....filled with highlights. Monday that week caught a 38 in the 7 minute feeding window between moonrise and sunrise. Is it really that easy? Same day caught a 37 on the same sucker from the 38 above roughly 2 hours later. I should have gotten a replica of that sucker!!! Tues and Wed windy or rainy or both but saw follows in new spots. Thursday start early am and follows but no hits casting or sucker. About 1pm I am fishing a spot I have seen a nice fish a few weeks earlier. Worried about weeds on my listless, barely breathing sucker(not the one from Monday still), I grab the rod from the holder and feel 3 quick hard jerks? What the heck? Look down and see the tail of a musky go under the boat and then the head circles back out from under the boat.....awesome!!! It took an easy turn and came back toward the sucker. This time I watch it t-bone the sucker and head for the dropoff. Am I really seeing this happen? Set the hook and fish on! Netted a couple minutes later and it's my personal best 45 inches and thick. I took my daughter out on Saturday and she had a big follow that made her get real quiet....later we watched a mid 40 fish follow a sucker for about a minute but no bite....darn!!! She didn't get one but ohhhhh does she want to!! Last day of this awesome week and my wife comes with Sunday morning. Hit our fisrt spot at sunrise and on first cast she backlashes! I switched lures for her to use and of course I didn't check tension so my fault. While I'm working the line to get the backlash out we are drifting and I pull the line to get a little slack. Headshake....really? What do I do??? Honey when I let go of the line set the hook and keep reeling and don't worry about the backlash. She did and fish on! Biggest fish she has ever fought/caught and had her shaking after it got in the net. It was a beautiful 38 inch musky. We took great pictures and released! Talk about taking the pressure off to have her get a fish that day! Jim if you read this we can hand deliver her and my fish pictures at the Chicago Show. She will remind you that having your and Steve's autographs on her Musky Hunter hats should get her priority placement in the next possible issue of Musky Hunter! Thanks for great articles/advice this season and see you at the show!

I'm new to the boards, so I'll tell a couple of old stories.

2008 June--fishing a narrow deep-water lake in NW Ontario with my
    Dad. I'm fishing a mepps #5 fire tiger, and my dad for some
    inexplicable reason, is fishing a 1/16 oz beetle spin. I get a follow,
    nice fish, that turns on my "L" turn boatside. Without thinking Dad
    drops the Beetle Spin down (light-action rod and 6-pound mono
    no leader) and the musky just picks it up light as can be. I fire up
    the motor, knowing how this is gonna go. 5 min later I have
    a nice 38" musky in the cradle, after chasing it all over
    that arm of the lake, Dad did a great job, standing up
    in the front of the boat like he was playing a tarpon or something.
    The fish jumped three times clean out of the water, and somehow
    never bit through the line or shook that tiny hook loose. The fish
    was safely released and not too worn out after the battle.

And no, folks, that isn't the first musky Dad has caught on that dumb lure.
    (will tell that one later!)

Second story--same lake later in the week. Managed a 32" on a mepps
    on the FIRST CAST that morning, hah. Love that. Anyway, a gale-force
    west wind has been blowing for 2 days. We fish all the way to the east end
    of the lake, and we're in 3 feet of water and I'm burning the mepps just
    to keep it off the bottom. I get a strike and yell to my brother "this is
    a good one". He laughs, because I say that all the time. The fish proceeds
    to run about 30 yards right toward the boat and explode not 15 feet
    away. It isn't a good one, it is HUGE. It totally clears the water and throws
    the mepps about 25 yards with the head shake. Only a quick look,
    but I'd guess the fish was 48-50". Biggest fish I've seen to date in that
    lake system. In three feet of water. Neither me or my brother can think
    about that fish without laughing. It was a real beaut. For the record,
    I don't get upset when we lose one. We fish barbless all the time,
    and I lose about 50% of the fish anyway.

great thread idea!

--Tim