Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Give us somthing good to read.

RE: Give us somthing good to read.

We caught some really nice fish but the one that sticks out from the crowd was just a little guy. Middle of the afternoon and the fishing was horribly bad. Dead calm, sunny, hot, cast, cast, cast, cast, cast, and then it happened. I got that evil little smirk on my face as an idea formed in my devious warped mind. I was tossing a Suick and as the boat moved slowly forward I cast slightly more to the rear than normal. I worked the lure to the boat and did a boatside rise with the lure coming up directly in front of my partner. He looked at me and said something to the effect he knew what I was trying to do and it wasn't going to work. Next cast, boatside rise again and this 36"er is floating up behind with it's mouth opening. I twitched the lure and pow, instant bath for my fishing partner! I missed the fish, as it just nipped the rear treble, but I was laughing so hard it didn't matter. I love it when a plan comes together!

My 15 year old son and I got to go up to Eagle and the Indian Chain for 2 weeks this past summer. Over on Indian we are working jerk baits along the weed lines and seeing one follow after another. My son who loves to throw sledges has a nice fish follow to the boat and he figure eights and nothing. He yells out at the fish. On the next cast the fish follows in again and again he figure eights, and again nothing. Now he is yelling at me and the fish. On his third cast he is working his bait and as he nears the boat with his sledge I turn around just as the fish comes up from underneath the bait and takes the whole thing in her mouth. The fight was on and he fought the fish perfect working it to the boat and a great net job myself. Quick picture of the fish and my son, a neat video shot of my son releasing the fish. As he stood up and walked over and we exchanged high 5"s, he then reached out and grabbed me and gave me a great big hug. Man you cant put a price on an experience like that. My son got his personal best, and I got back something from my son that every Father I hope gets to experience some day. Doug

It was the last day of our Canada trip. We call it the ďbottom of the ninthĒ. I was having my worst trip in ten years of going up there as far as missed opportunities go (keep in mind that it was still far better than my best week of work ever). I was snake bit to say the least. The bad luck started with my trailer wheel passing me at 4:00 am and continued to go bad once we got to the lake. I was trying to avoid my fourth fishless day in a row and I had already missed six strikes including one figure eight where I tripped and fell down on the hook set. If I didnít bounce off the windshield, I would have joined the thrashing fish in the lake. My friend (3 for 3 that day) was trying his best to keep me positive through it all, but at that point he just had to laugh and after thinking for a minute I finally joined in. It was getting dark and we decided to move to our last spot. We drifted to the end of the spot and I announced that it was my last cast of the trip. Wouldnít you know a fish followed in and when I turned the lure, it ate it. You know the drill, as Iím fighting the fish right next to the boat, my friend gets the net ready. As he is trying to lock the net while standing on the side of the boat, the fish rockets into the air and lands on the outside of the net before he has the pin locked. The lureís hooks grab the net and a 25 pound musky is dangling and thrashing on the side of the net. My buddy drops the net and fish down into the water and grabs the hoop with both hands, trapping the fish. They were stuck like that for a while, as I stood there without having taken a breath the whole time. My friend says a choice word or two and the he somehow twists the net under the fish. Then I ran over and locked the pin. Success! I finally get a fish in the boat and itís my biggest of the week. Talk about relief. Itís high fives and a cold beer at that point.

I took a friend out for his first musky outing...

- We were fishing a new lake that I had never fished before
    - My friend learned how to use a baitcasting reel on the water, and did well
    - It rained so heavy and steady that the other musky fishermen left by midday
    - We only had a trolling motor and the battery couldn't keep up
    - We had to take a break to dry off and recharge the battery

After the break and only 5 hours of fishing, my friend caught his first musky, a 34 incher. An hour later, I caught a 37 incher.

Neither fish were big, but were typical size for the lake.

My friend was totally excited and is hooked on musky fishing. In addition, we got some good pictures to remember the day.

I am always looking for bigger fish, but these two smaller fish were the most memorable for me.

Brian

Just my 5 year old catching the 36"er on his spiderman rod...

In theses worldses of artificially extended masturbational lengths of mindsets, of once pure and flavorful acquistionses of Gator Raid branded replenishmentses of humaneses desires for repentses, to sanctitieses of self-image and blessed beses notses any concern towardses youses fellow mankindses, towards the final pursuit of happinesses and security of a unique life owned not by others, but by youses truly, we haveses, at this moment in timeses, a choice of either in-condemnation of humanistic affairs never before periled before any sub-consciousness to wit for judgment of moralistic values once conceived as standards by our ancestorís greatest generation without any mention of aforethought towards evolutionary change branded by the possibilities of decay to furtherance of their original intent or a saving grace of humanities compassion towards righting a listing ship for favorable traversal of seases.

If indeed the likes of youses are at theses cross roadses of life, if the perplexing forks in the road of life number many without regards to the consequences of choice, if in fact the desire to remain stationary to inevitable change seems appropriate when the consequences of said choice number failures of previous trials, it indeed is time for the likes of youses to acquire the value of lifeís lessons and begin a new traversal of foot-steps in freshly fallen fields of powdery existences, with much righted heartfelt hope of splendor that beginses a new stalwart existence that forever moreses parlays success in manners never before experienced and rewards ultimate to your choice of man making mankind and himses mate making the manses.

;)
    Smile, You're On Musky Hunter T.V...

http://66.133.129.5/~ddfenner/

And with that.. Ddfenner has just broken the record for the two longest sentences ever written. I wonder if anyone actually gets past the first line of this crap?

>In theses worldses of artificially extended masturbational
    >lengths of mindsets, of once pure and flavorful acquistionses
    >of Gator Raid branded replenishmentses of humaneses desires
    >for repentses, to sanctitieses of self-image and blessed
    >beses notses any concern towardses youses fellow mankindses,
    >towards the final pursuit of happinesses and security of a
    >unique life owned not by others, but by youses truly, we
    >haveses, at this moment in timeses, a choice of either
    >in-condemnation of humanistic affairs never before periled
    >before any sub-consciousness to wit for judgment of moralistic
    >values once conceived as standards by our ancestorís greatest
    >generation without any mention of aforethought towards
    >evolutionary change branded by the possibilities of decay to
    >furtherance of their original intent or a saving grace of
    >humanities compassion towards righting a listing ship for
    >favorable traversal of seases.
    >
    >If indeed the likes of youses are at theses cross roadses of
    >life, if the perplexing forks in the road of life number many
    >without regards to the consequences of choice, if in fact the
    >desire to remain stationary to inevitable change seems
    >appropriate when the consequences of said choice number
    >failures of previous trials, it indeed is time for the likes
    >of youses to acquire the value of lifeís lessons and begin a
    >new traversal of foot-steps in freshly fallen fields of
    >powdery existences, with much righted heartfelt hope of
    >splendor that beginses a new stalwart existence that forever
    >moreses parlays success in manners never before experienced
    >and rewards ultimate to your choice of man making mankind and
    >himses mate making the manses.
    >
    >;)

I know I speak for everyone here when I say: "Huh?"

Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

my loose translation was that he dug deep and found something this season after a long search and told his wifey pooses "i love you man!"

So Fenner really did marry a large man, it just took some deep digging to discover this fact? Hey you said it, not me.

"Rodgers minus Favre, Just Packers Glory Baby!! ;)"

Mike