Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any true musky experts?

RE: Are there any true musky experts?

Just curious as to why Bill Sandy is more of an expert than say Jack Burns, #### Pearson or even Doug Johnson would be??

All those guys spent a lot of time on waters that nobody else was fishing, not just LOW.

What makes Sandy stand out from others?

There must be a reason for you to have picked him above the rest.

Well Mr. Devil that is my opinion to a question posed to me. I'm not asking you to agree, nor do I think you can truly disagree. Bob T. alluded to Larry D. being that guy...couldn't argue with his logic there. You mention D. Pearson or Jack Burns or even Doug Johnson, again good choices....but I know D. Pearson and I'm betting he'd pick Sandy over himself if asked. I mean Devil you do know that Mr. Pearson had a career outside of fishing in the summer right?

I asked the question to get a view of who others think are "their" experts. You've chimmed in with Mr. Pearson, Mr. Burns and Mr. Johnson....thank you for your answer.

John

So the high road for you huh Travis? Well played....kinda.

I would expect that the alpha dog in all the "celebrity" anglers would say they are the expert, and next to you and I they certainly are. But lets be honest here Marty...if expert status was based on time on the water...and fishing many different waters...you would be considered an expert. But based on cash outs...well...not so much right?:P But I shouldn't digress.

Yes Mr. Saric is well spoken, ok looking, but short. Yes his fishing skill and understanding of the quarry is top-notch. And yes he's had great success in the field as well...bordering on horseshoe mind you. So would he be a good selection? Yes, a fine choice, just not mine...and that doesn't diminish my respect for him as an innovator, or as a fisherman.

Jim is a friend and I'm sure he gets what I'm doing here. Whether he agrees or not will be hashed out in a few weeks.

John

the past few years Ive had the priv to sit around the campfire with Larry Dahlberg at loe's,,,His thinking pattern is on another level.

if he totally concentrated on Muskies he'd be the experts expert.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, asked you to be more specific in your reasons for picking Sandy over other legendary LOW figures.

I know ####, Doug and knew Jack.

I don't know Sandy.

I do know that being very good on one lake, even a lake like LOW seems to go against your reasons for others being an expert, but you pick Sandy. I guess you don't want to share why in more detail.

There are 2 brothers from MN, Joe and Will Hardy.

They have caught muskies in every State that has them, including the States that only have tigers.

I don't know of anyone who has fished more lakes in Canada then those 2.

40 lbers to 20 fish days. Trolling, casting, suckers, spring, summer fall and winter, they've done it all.

If being an expert goes by "been there done that" than those 2 win hands down.

Hooker I can't argue, though I don't know Larry I respect what you and Bob T. have to say about his skill level. Thanks for your input into this querry.

John

>God I liked the old Fenner and I'm ashamed to say it. Can we
    >have him back? I'll pay for the reverse surgery.

I hope you are the only one, Mr Mich!

I loved reading a Fenner post without getting a headache. :)

He is intelligent and articulate, and it could be hard to follow the post when all of the old "fenner speak" interference wordplay was there. If he were a simpleton, or more plain-spoken...the "fenner speak" may be a little easier to take in stride.

I like 'smart Fenner'. :)
    Vacation rental at Lake of the Falls/Turtle-Flambeau Flowage...
    www.havenbythefalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Haven...16168151750320

There you go starting a ground swell of; Fenner literary poet for President. And you don't feel at all dirty because of it?

Thanks for your answer. In the end I will outline my reasons...but for now I'm enjoying the banter.