Thread: Burmek B1

Burmek B1

I think this is a great bait. I love the way it wiggles has any one caught a fish on one. I had many fish right behind one but no hits.

RE: Burmek B1

I like it too! I started using it as a twitch bait but so far no luck.

That is a bait name i haven't heard of in a long time. I remember seeing that lure in the bait shops in LDF back around 1970. Back in its day it was hyped pretty well on its packaging.

rnovak

I have not used one in years. Used to catch fish on them in the late 80's Don't know why I stopped using them they look good. Might have to dig back out.
    Jeff Hanson
    Madisonmuskyguide.com

The old Burmek B1--

My first year of Musky fishing I bought one of these. The guy who got me started was a friend from college and a really good Musky fisherman---I asked him about the B1-- this was back in the very early 90s---And he started just cracking up and said, "A buddy of mine had a hit on one and it broke in two"

Have never used the bait since.

I got one and havn't used it in years and never caught a thing, however I got a picture of a Muskie (45 pounds)caught in 1979 on one.
    As a side note I also have a old Burmek surface bait, looks just like it except it's not jointed and has a prop on the front and back and a friend of mine caught a Muskie on one of these lures.
    Another friend had a old wooden (B-1) it was in the mouth of a monthed fish I assume thats what it was caught on.

I've caught some nice fish trolling with an older one. It looks the same as the new ones but that older one has smaller eyeballs and the plastic feels somewhat different than the new ones. An awesome trolling lure, make shure to "T" the hooks to reduce hangups and to stay off the rocks as the lip is fragile and will eventually break or develop a waterleak.